[Python-Dev] Is is worth disentangling distutils?

Antonio Cavallo a.cavallo at cavallinux.eu
Mon Dec 10 08:22:13 CET 2012

Hi,
I wonder if is it worth/if there is any interest in trying to "clean" up
distutils: nothing in terms to add new features, just a *major* cleanup
retaining the exact same interface.

I'm not planning anything like *adding features* or rewriting
rpm/rpmbuild here, simply cleaning up that un-holy code mess. Yes it
served well, don't get me wrong, and I think it did work much better
than anything it was meant to replace it.

I'm not into the py3 at all so I wonder how possibly it could
fit/collide into the big plan.

Or I'll be wasting my time?

Thanks