[Python-Dev] AST optimizer implemented in Python

Kristján Valur Jónsson kristjan at ccpgames.com
Tue Aug 14 16:33:33 CEST 2012

We already optimize bytecode.  But it seems much more could be done there.
It also seems like a simpler goal.  Also, AST will need to be changed to bytecode at some point, and that bytecode could still be optimized in ways not available to the AST, I imagine.
Also, I understand bytecode, more or less :)