[Python-Dev] cpython (2.7): #14538: HTMLParser can now parse correctly start tags that contain a bare /.

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Tue Apr 24 21:34:59 CEST 2012

Le 24/04/2012 15:02, Georg Brandl a écrit :
> On 24.04.2012 20:34, Benjamin Peterson wrote:
>> 2012/4/24 Georg Brandl<g.brandl at gmx.net>:
>>> I think that's misleading: there's no way to "correctly" parse malformed HTML.
>> There is in the since that you can follow the HTML5 algorithm, which
>> can "parse" any junk you throw at it.
> Ah, good. Then I hope we are following the algorithm here (and are slowly
> coming to use it for htmllib in general).

Yes, Ezio’s commits on html.parser/HTMLParser in the last months have
been following the HTML5 spec.  Ezio, RDM and I have had some discussion
about that on some bug reports, IRC and private mail and reached the
agreement to do the useful thing, that is follow HTML5 and not pretend
that the stdlib parser is strict or validating.

Ezio was thinking about a blog.python.org post to advertise this.

Regards