[Python-Dev] Suggested addition to PEP 8 for context managers

Floris Bruynooghe flub at devork.be
Wed Apr 18 10:29:24 CEST 2012

On 17 April 2012 16:36, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> On Apr 17, 2012, at 08:25 AM, R. David Murray wrote:

>>> or other way around
>>>
>>> a_list[pos+1:-1]
>>

>>That's what I always use.  No spaces inside the brackets for me :)
>>
>>If the expression gets unreadable that way, factor it out.

Ditto here.

And since this is OT by now, one of the other pep8 annoyances I
have[0] is the blanket whitespace around arithmetic operators,
including **.  To me the first just looks ugly:

>>> 1024 ** 2
>>> 1024**2

Certainly when the expressions are larger.

Regards,
Floris

--
Debian GNU/Linux -- The Power of Freedom