[Python-Dev] an alternative to embedding policy in PEP 418

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Tue Apr 3 02:18:46 CEST 2012

On 02Apr2012 14:59, Glenn Linderman <v+python at g.nevcal.com> wrote:
| > No, that's a misunderstanding of the fallback mechanism. The fallback
| > happens when the time module is initialised, not on every call. Once
| > the appropriate clock has been selected during module initialisation,
| > it is invoked directly at call time.
|
| I would hope that is how the fallback mechanism would be coded, but I'm
| pretty sure I've seen other comments in this thread that implied
| otherwise.  But please don't ask me to find them, this thread is huge.

The idea of falling back to different clocks on the fly on different
calls got a bit of a rejection I thought. A recipe for clock
inconsitency whatever the failings of the current clock.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

We need a taxonomy for 'printing-that-is-no-longer-printing.'
- overhead by WIRED at the Intelligent Printing conference Oct2006