[Python-Dev] PEP 393 close to pronouncement

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Sep 26 23:00:06 CEST 2011

Martin has asked me to pronounce on PEP 393, after he's updated it in
response to various feedback (including mine :-). I'm currently
looking very favorable on it, but I thought I'd give folks here one
more chance to bring up showstoppers.

So, if you have the time, please review PEP 393 and/or play with the
code (the repo is linked from the PEP's References section now).

Please limit your feedback to show-stopping issues; we're past the
stage of bikeshedding here. It's Good Enough (TM) and we'll have to
rest of the 3.3 release cycle to improve incrementally. But we need to
get to the point where the code can be committed to the 3.3 branch.

In a few days I'll pronounce.

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)