[Python-Dev] PyPy 1.7 - widening the sweet spot

Éric Araujo merwok at netwok.org
Sat Nov 26 14:52:32 CET 2011

Le 25/11/2011 19:21, Amaury Forgeot d'Arc a écrit :
> And oh, I almost forgot distutils, which needs to parse some Makefile which
> of course does not exist in PyPy.

This is a bug (#10764) that I intend to fix for the next releases of 2.7
and 3.2.  I also want to fix all modules that use sys.version[:2] to get
'X.Y', which is a CPython implementation detail.  I find PyPy and
excellent project, so you can send any bugs in distutils, sysconfig,
site and friends my way!  I also hope to make distutils2 compatible with
PyPy before 2012.

Cheers