[Python-Dev] PyPy 1.7 - widening the sweet spot

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Tue Nov 22 14:15:10 CET 2011

Giampaolo Rodolà, 22.11.2011 10:21:
> 2011/11/21 Terry Reedy:
>> I strongly recommend that where it makes a difference, the pypy python3
>> project target 3.3. In particular, don't reproduce the buggy narrow-build
>> behavior of 3.2 and before (perhaps pypy avoids this already). Do include
>> the new unicode capi in cpyext. I anticipate that 3.3 will see more
>> production use than 3.2
>
> Is there a reason in particular?

Well, Py3 still has a lot to catch up in terms of wide spread distribution
compared to Py2.x, and new users will usually start using the most up to
date release, which will soon be 3.3.

Besides, 3.3 has received various optimisations that make it more suitable
for production use than 3.2, including the above mentioned Unicode
optimisations.

Stefan