[Python-Dev] patch metadata - to use or not to use?

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sat Nov 19 09:42:49 CET 2011

Hi,

I recently got some patches accepted for inclusion in 3.3, and each time,
the patch metadata (such as my name and my commit comment) were stripped by
applying the patch manually, instead of hg importing it. This makes it
clear in the history who eventually reviewed and applied the patch, but
less visible who wrote it (except for the entry in Misc/NEWS).

I didn't see this mentioned in the dev-guide. Is it being considered the
Right Way To Do It?

Stefan