[Python-Dev] [SPAM: 3.000] [issue11682] PEP 380 reference implementation for 3.3

Tim Delaney timothy.c.delaney at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 23:43:28 CET 2011

On 10 November 2011 09:13, Greg Ewing <greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:

> This is patently untrue, because by version of the grammar
> allows 'f(yield from x)', while disallowing 'f(yield x)'.
>
> I made a conscious decision to do that, and I'm a bit alarmed
> at this decision being overridden at the last moment with no
> debate.

We have precedent for being more restrictive initially, and relaxing those
restrictions later.

I suggest that the more restrictive implementation go in now so that people
can start playing with it. If the discussion comes to a consensus on more
relaxed syntax, that can be added later (either in 3.3 or a later release).

Tim Delaney