[Python-Dev] [RELEASED] Python 3.2.1 rc 1

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed May 18 16:05:37 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 9:26 PM, Victor Stinner
<victor.stinner at haypocalc.com> wrote:

> Oh, I like it. But the output should be reST to be able to include it
> directly in the Python documentation. Sphinx would generate a new table
> of contents with links to each release.

As Georg noted, Misc/NEWS is already ReST. My proposal was essentially
to add an extra step to the docs build process that invoked the same
commands that Georg used to generate the sample version (with
appropriate additions to Doc/tools as needed to make that work).

The generated NEWS.html file could easily live inside the whatsnew
directory alongside the actual What's New document.

Cheers,
Nick.