[Python-Dev] Please revert autofolding of tracker edit form

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Thu Mar 31 06:05:13 CEST 2011

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 08:54:41 +1000, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 7:35 AM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> > If someone actually considers this a desired feature, after using it, then
> > please add a field on the profile page to select autofolding or not. Also,
> > there should be a button to fold as well as one to unfold.
>
> Skip objected to the amount of noise at the top of the tracker screen,
> so I assume whoever added the feature was doing so in response to that
> concern. Since it doesn't flicker for me, I actually found it to be an
> elegant solution.

Flicker or not, I don't like it myself.  I've turned off javascript on
bugs.python.org in my browser, and now it doesn't bother me anymore.
But I don't think that is a good long term solution.  Making it optional
based on a setting in the user profile might be OK.

--
R. David Murray           http://www.bitdance.com