[Python-Dev] Please revert autofolding of tracker edit form

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 00:54:41 CEST 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 7:35 AM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
> The tracker was recently changed so that when I click on a link to a tracker
> page, the page is properly displayed, but then a fraction of a second it
> blinks and redisplays with the edit form hidden. This is so obnoxious to me
> that I no longer want to visit the tracker. Then I have to find and click
> the button to get back the edit form that I nearly always want to see, as I
> often make changes. All this to compress the page by half a screen, which
> makes almost no difference once one grabs the scrollbar anyway.

Interesting - it comes straight up with the folded screen for me, no
flickering at all.

It may depend on how a given browser handles the scripts involved.

> If someone actually considers this a desired feature, after using it, then
> please add a field on the profile page to select autofolding or not. Also,
> there should be a button to fold as well as one to unfold.

Skip objected to the amount of noise at the top of the tracker screen,
so I assume whoever added the feature was doing so in response to that
concern. Since it doesn't flicker for me, I actually found it to be an
elegant solution.

Cheers,
Nick.