[Python-Dev] CRLF line endings

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 14:21:56 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 11:12 PM, R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 21:12:19 +1000, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Don't disable the commit hook, update .hgeol to flag that file as
>> requiring CRLF line endings.
>
> Note however that we discovered that the server side hook looks at the
> .hgeol file in the *server's checkout*.  I don't know if Georg or Antoine
> have fixed this or not (it's a standard Mercurial plugin, so probably
> not).

Not that I noticed - to get my sandbox updated after you moved all the
email test files, I just had to one do push to get the .hgeol file
updated, then the second push with all the subsequent changes went
through without any trouble.

The one thing you can't do is push an updated .hgeol *and* files that
depend on the updated ruleset in one operation - the server will
process the whole transaction using the *old* version of the .hgeol
file and it will fail as a result. But "hg log .hgeol" will tell you
which version last changed it, then a "hg push -r <rev>" will get the
server's version updated.

Cheers,
Nick.