[Python-Dev] Python 3.3 release schedule posted

Carl Meyer carl at oddbird.net
Wed Mar 23 21:02:01 CET 2011

Hi Georg,

On 03/23/2011 03:56 PM, Georg Brandl wrote:
> For 3.3, I'd like to revive the tradition of listing planned large-scale
> changes in the PEP.  Please let me know if you plan any such changes,
> at any time.  (If they aren't codified in PEP form, we should think about
> whether they should be.)

Over in distutils-sig there's been extensive discussion at and since
PyCon of a built-in Python virtual-environment tool, similar to
virtualenv, targeted hopefully for 3.3. This is something that's seen
some discussion on python-dev previously; I now have a working prototype
and am working on a PEP. When the PEP is ready I'll bring it up for
discussion on python-ideas and then python-dev; anyone interested in
checking it out sooner can go read the discussions at distutils-sig.

Carl