[Python-Dev] I am now lost - committed, pulled, merged, what is "collapse"?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 22:29:13 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 6:59 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan at ochtman.nl> wrote:
> Probably not really. In particular, since many changes are
> forward-ported across branches, you'll still need to push to each of
> the release branches... I'm not sure what the ratio for pure-feature
> vs. bugfix is; if there is a significant number of pure-feature
> patches (i.e. not on any of the release branches), it might help to
> separate all of the release branches from the default branch.

Not really - when you're working on a default-only change, push races
are pretty easy to deal with (merge, test, commit, push, no fiddling
about with different branches).

It's only when you've changed multiple branches *and* hg pull changes
multiple branches that correctly sorting out all the heads on each
branch gets a bit tedious.

Cheers,
Nick.