[Python-Dev] Hg: inter-branch workflow

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Mon Mar 21 23:15:38 CET 2011

> However, what some of us requesting is that the "SHOULD collapse"
> in the devguide is changed to a "MAY collapse", making it strictly
> an option of the committer. If there is one substantial change,
> a typo change, and three merges, asking for a collapse of the typo
> change is IMO complicating things too much.

Well, it's "should", not "must" ;)
When writing this, I had in mind that other projects have different
workflows, where indeed people never collapse and many tiny changesets
(which are only significant as part of a bigger work) end up in the main
history. The point is to signal that it's not how we work.

Regards

Antoine.