[Python-Dev] I am now lost - committed, pulled, merged, what is "collapse"?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Mar 20 01:52:37 CET 2011

> I made a test change to the 2.5 README and merged it into 2.6 and 2.7.
> Then I pushed. It *seems* to have worked, but I also got some
> traceback:

Oops. I wouldn't have expected that tracebacks propagate that far back.
This was your hg client talking to the remote hg client executing a
post-push hook talking to buildbot raising an exception (for there no
being builder category for 2.5).

Your changesets were accepted, anyway.

> I also have trouble building the 2.5 branch on OS X Snow Leopard
> (10.6) with Xcode 3.2 -- this is gcc 4.2.1. I think I'll just give up
> on that part though, it's probably just too old, and 2.7 builds just
> fine.

Yes, this is a known limitation. Please don't make any changes to the
2.5 branch unless they are security fixes (changing the copyright
is fine, but I'd rather avoid even documentation changes). If you
want to build the 2.5 branch, check it out from subversion.

Regards,
Martin