[Python-Dev] Module version variable

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Mar 16 18:33:20 CET 2011

On 16/03/2011 12:39, Alexander Belopolsky wrote:
> I was editing the turtle module (for issue11571, if you are
> interested) when I noticed that it has the following line:
>
> _ver = "turtle 1.1b- - for Python 3.1   -  4. 5. 2009"

unittest also has an outdated (and unmaintained) version number that I
would like to remove. Standard library modules should be versioned by
the release of Python they are packaged with (unless they are externally
maintained I guess) and so should preferably *not* carry version info.

All the best,

Michael