[Python-Dev] Let's get PEP 380 into Python 3.3

rndblnch rndblnch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 20:44:16 CET 2011

Greg Ewing <greg.ewing <at> canterbury.ac.nz> writes:

> Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > Ok. Will you hvae time to port your patches to 3.3?
>
> I'm not sure -- I'll see what I can do.

If this can help, I've "ported" the patch YieldFrom-Python3.1.2-rev5.patch
against current cpython tip.
What I've done:
- cloned current http://hg.python.org/cpython/ tip
- replaced tabs by 4 spaces in YieldFrom-Python3.1.2-rev5.patch and applied
result to tip
- manually applied failed hunks
- built and tested resulting python (configure/make/make test smoothly pass)
- successfully ran "yield from" samples with resulting binary
Resulting patch obtained by running "hg diff" is available here:
<http://tinypaste.com/4cc47d>

This patch includes graminit.[ch] modification since those files are versioned,
but I guess they are not necessary since they seem to be generated.

Hope this helps.

renaud