[Python-Dev] r88758 - tracker/instances/python-dev/scripts/addpatchsets

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sun Mar 6 17:43:09 CET 2011

On Sun,  6 Mar 2011 17:32:40 +0100 (CET)
martin.v.loewis <python-checkins at python.org> wrote:

> -def find_bases(data, rev):
> +def hg_splitpatch(data):
> +    patches = []
> +    filename = None
> +    for line in data.splitlines(True):
> +        if line.startswith('diff -r'):

Now I understand why you would like to discourage git diffs.
But, as I said back then, I don't think it's worthwhile to try and
compute the base rev. Most reviewable patches should apply cleanly
against the latest revision on "default", otherwise we're gonna ask the
poster to regenerate the patch anyway.

Regards

Antoine.