[Python-Dev] Import and unicode: part two

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Jan 21 07:17:07 CET 2011

On 1/20/2011 12:44 PM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> The problem occurs in
> that the code that one of the parties develops (either the students or the
> professors) is developed on one of those OS's and then used on the other OS.

The problem that I reported and hope will be fixed is that private code
written and tested on one machine, which will never be distributed,
could not be imported on the *same* machine, with nothing changed on
that machine except for writing a second file that does the import.

If filenames get mangled when file are transported (admittedly more
likely with non-ascii chars), that is a different issue.

--
Terry Jan Reedy