[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] devguide: Start a doc on running and writing unit tests.

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Jan 6 08:26:00 CET 2011

On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 00:34:11 -0500

> >> python -m test
> >>    works (until it failed, separate issue).
> >
> > This will not run the right interpreter, unless this is an installed
> > build.
>
> It is, from 32b2.msi. I have no compiler ;-).

Ah, sorry. For the devguide, however, I recommend assuming an
uninstalled up-to-date build, since keeping fresh sources is the most
productive way (or the least frustrating) way of contributing.

Note that, if you're willing to give it a try, Microsoft Visual Studio
Express is a free download (free as in beer).

Regards

Antoine.