[Python-Dev] [issue8033] sqlite: broken long integer handling for arguments to user-defined functions

Virgil Dupras hsoft at hardcoded.net
Wed Jan 5 09:25:13 CET 2011

On 2011-01-05, at 8:16 AM, Phil Le Bienheureux wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am quite new to development in python, and as a first contribution to the community, I have provided a patch to the issue 8033 (quite trivial). I then ran the test suite an everything was ok. However, the status has not changed, and nobody has answered so far (patch provided one month ago). So my question : has I missed something in the procedure that I read carefully, to deliver a patch, or something else?

I'm not a core developer, but there's two reasons I can think of:

1. Your diff doesn't include tests.
2. Core developers are busy, these things take time.

I don't think any bugfix gets checked in without a regression test to go with it. A core developer coming by your issue could maybe do it himself, but since he's likely very busy, he won't have time for this. So your best bet for this fix to be checked in is to add a test, but even then, sometimes, patches fade into oblivion and you might have to regularly "freshen" your diff to match with the trunk so it applies cleanly.

Virgil Dupras