[Python-Dev] Tools/unicode

Michael Foord michael at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Jan 3 16:33:48 CET 2011

Hello all,

In the Tools/ directory (py3k) we have a tool/directory called
"unicode". The description in Tools/README is:

unicode         Tools used to generate unicode database files for
                 Python 2.0 (by Fredrik Lundh).

As described this is not at all useful for Python 3.2. I'm removing the
"for Python 2.0" from the description, but I would rather remove the
tool altogether.

If someone knows if this tool is still used/useful then please let us
know how the description should best be updated. If there are no replies
I'll remove it.

All the best,

Michael Foord

--