[Python-Dev] Mercurial conversion repositories

Neil Hodgson nyamatongwe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 09:13:49 CET 2011

   With hg 1.7.5 on Windows 7 I performed a non-core checkout:

hg clone http://hg.python.org/cpython

   The eol extension is enabled in global settings. I looked at things
a bit, opening some files and using the Tortoise Hg Repository
Explorer. But made no actual changes. Running hg diff produces a large
amount of output with almost all the *.decTest and most of the Windows
build files (*.mk, *.sln, *.vcproj, *.bat) showing as changed but with
identical text.

   I've had problems like this with Hg before
(http://mercurial.selenic.com/bts/issue2287). The situation can be
fixed by hg update to another version and then back to default.

   Neil