[Python-Dev] Finally fix installer to add Python to %PATH% on Windows

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 07:39:12 CET 2011

I've got a feeling that policy is evil and can not be applied cleanly
when change falls out of scope of Python core .c sources and .py files
from standard library.

Right now the proposal is to add Python to %PATH% to make Python more
user friendly for newbies. I can't see what can become worse than it
is now. People are discussing advanced scenarios with multiple Python
installations, but I propose first to make Python a normal command
line user-friendly system application for Windows, and then discuss
more advanced usage scenarios to make it developer-friendly in
subsequent versions. Time is passing by and nothing happens.

--
anatoly t.