[Python-Dev] Python merge module

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Feb 2 22:07:31 CET 2011

Am 02.02.2011 20:01, schrieb Hoyt, David:
> Is there or will there be support for python merge modules so we can
> include python in our installer?

I haven't planned any. Contributions are welcome.

> But has there been thought towards migrating away from msilib and using
> platform standard tools such as wix (used by ms office, visual studio,
> etc.)?

Are you sure visual studio uses wix? I wouldn't call it a "platform
standard tool". The Installer COM object is the platform standard
mechanism, and that's what msilib uses. I really see no need to move
away from that - it can create arbitrary MSI files.

Regards,
Martin