[Python-Dev] Python 3 optimizations continued...

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Aug 31 19:31:13 CEST 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 10:08 AM, stefan brunthaler
<stefan at brunthaler.net> wrote:
> Well, my code has primarily been a vehicle for my research in that
> area and thus is not immediately suited to adoption [...].

But if you want to be taken seriously as a researcher, you should
publish your code! Without publication of your *code* research in your
area cannot be reproduced by others, so it is not science. Please stop
being shy and open up what you have. The software engineering issues
can be dealt with separately!

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)