[Python-Dev] Sphinx version for Python 2.x docs

Łukasz Langa lukasz at langa.pl
Thu Aug 25 22:37:30 CEST 2011

Wiadomość napisana przez Sandro Tosi w dniu 23 sie 2011, o godz. 01:09:

> What I want to understand if it's an acceptable change.
>
> I see sphinx more as of an internal, building tool, so freezing it
> it's like saying "don't upgrade gcc" or so.

Normally I'd say it's natural for us to specify that for a legacy release we're using build tools in versions up to so-and-so. Plus, requiring changes in the repository additionally points that this is indeed touching "frozen" code.

In case of 2.7 though, it's our "LTS release" so I think if Georg agrees, I'm also in favor of the upgrade.

As for Sphinx using svn.python.org, the main issue is not altering the scripts to use Hg, it's the weight of the whole Sphinx repository that would have to be cloned for each distclean. By using SVN you're only downloading a specifically tagged source tree.

--
Best regards,
Łukasz Langa

IT Infrastructure Department
Grupa Allegro Sp. z o.o.

Pomyśl o środowisku naturalnym zanim wydrukujesz tę wiadomość!
Please consider the environment before printing out this e-mail.