[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] cpython (merge 3.2 -> default): Correctly merging #9319 into 3.3?

Victor Stinner victor.stinner at haypocalc.com
Mon Apr 25 16:07:13 CEST 2011

Le lundi 25 avril 2011 à 04:47 +0200, Jesus Cea a écrit :
> If a patch in 3.2 is not applicable in 3.3, a "null merge" should be
> done.

Correct. Sorry, I forgot that. And yes, the 3.2 fix was not applicable
to 3.3, that's why I forgot to merge.

> If not, next developer tring to merge will find some other
> unrelated code to merge, and she doesn't have the context knowledge to
> know what to do :-)

Hum, you may read the history of the issue to decide what to do, or ask
the commiter to do the merge.

> In this case, I merged code that doesn't actually compile, breaking the
> build for 20 minutes :-).

He he, it was a trap! When you touch one of my commit, all buildbots
turn red! :-)

> Do we have some hat-of-shame I should wear because breaking the build? :).

Don't worry, it doesn't matter if you quickly fix your mistake.

Victor