[Python-Dev] Hosting the Jython hg repo

Philip Jenvey pjenvey at underboss.org
Sun Apr 10 21:41:23 CEST 2011

There's been some chatter in the past about moving some of Jython's infrastructure from SF.net to python.org.

We're in the process of finishing the conversion of Jython's subversion repo to mercurial. Can we host our new repo on http://hg.python.org? To whom should I speak to about setting this up?

The one question that comes to mind is how will repo write permissions be handled/shared between all our repos? With the recent policy of granting Jython committers cpython commit access if they want it, sharing the permissions wouldn't be a problem. In turn we like the idea of reciprocating commit rights to Jython back to cpython committers.

--
Philip Jenvey