[Python-Dev] Goodbye

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Sep 23 14:39:10 CEST 2010

On 23/09/2010 13:28, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
>>> -0. Going through old issues just to make sure the keywords are right
>>> seems wasteful.
>>>

>> Hard as it may be to believe, we do have (and are trying to cultivate)
>> people who want to contribute to Python and start by searching for
>> issues at the bug tracker.
>
> Sure. However, on any specific search, many issues come up already.
> So people searching for stuff to do will easily find tasks already.

Seems to me that the distinction to be made here is between activity
which might, to some, appear a waste of time (eg setting flags and versions
on existing calls) but which at worst provides no benefit and in fact
might help someone narrow down a search more easily; and activity
which is simply flatus vocis and which actually distracts or irritates.

Individuals' thresholds clearly vary.

TJG