[Python-Dev] On breaking modules into packages Was: [issue10199] Move Demo/turtle under Lib/

Ron Adam rrr at ronadam.com
Wed Oct 27 02:55:46 CEST 2010

On 10/26/2010 05:35 PM, Raymond Hettinger wrote:

> On Oct 26, 2010, at 2:54 PM, Ron Adam wrote:
>
>> I've worked on pydoc to make it much nicer to use in a browser.
>
> While you're at it.  Can you please modernize the html
> and create a style sheet?  Right now, all of formatting
> is deeply intertwined with content generation.
 >
> Fixing that would be a *huge* improvement.

Half way there!  The server will read one if it exists.   ;-)

I'd really like to get this part in before 3.2 beta, and then I'll add a
basic style sheet and update the html code to use it for 3.3.

The present patch fixes and updates all the functional parts and allows you
to do every thing that you can do on the command line, but a LOT easier.

I think You, Nick. or one of the other Core developers could probably have
this finished up in an afternoon if you really wanted.  All the parts work.
  It's more about checking and adjusting the packaging at this point.

Cheers,
    Ron