[Python-Dev] Issue 10094

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Oct 14 19:38:58 CEST 2010

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 13:04:01 -0400
Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:
> Posting this here first, though it's looking less like a Python bug and more
> like an environment problem, or issue with something in Ubuntu.
>
> I'm running the regular test suite for the py3k branch and seeing this failure
> on Ubuntu 10.10:
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue10094
> test_urllib.py fails with RuntimeError on Ubuntu 10.10
>
> It's completely consistent.  It happens with the regular test suite, or just
> running test_urllib.py, and it does not happen with any other test afaict.

An easy way to reproduce is to have an environment variable named
"PROXY":

$ PROXY=toto ./python -m test.regrtest -F test_urllib
[  1] test_urllib
Warning -- os.environ was modified by test_urllib
test test_urllib failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/antoine/py3k/debug/Lib/test/test_urllib.py", line 121, in
setUp for k in os.environ.keys():
  File "/home/antoine/py3k/debug/Lib/_abcoll.py", line 410, in __iter__
    for key in self._mapping:
  File "/home/antoine/py3k/debug/Lib/os.py", line 441, in __iter__
    for key in self._data:
RuntimeError: dictionary changed size during iteration

There doesn't seem to be anything really mysterious, actually. The
exception message says it all :)

Regards

Antoine.