[Python-Dev] Stable build slaves authority

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Thu Oct 14 08:07:46 CEST 2010

Am 13.10.2010 22:55, schrieb "Martin v. Löwis":
> I have appointed Antoine Pitrou as the authority/manager
> for which build slave are considered stable. If you want
> to get a certain slave elevated or demoted, you have to
> convince him.
>
> I would also like to ask release managers to take the
> stable list serious: test failures in a stable slave should
> be considered as release blockers (demoting a slave
> to unstable may be a resolution, though). Of course,
> release managers can deliberately chose to ignore specific
> blockers, anyway.

Very nice.  http://www.python.org/dev/buildbot/stable/ is completely
green at the moment -- which means that I can now indeed take failures
seriously in the future.  Previously, two of four "stables" for py3k
were not even connected for ages (and yes, I should have complained
earlier.  As we progress into the beta stage, I will take buildbot
failures and release blockers more seriously).

cheers,
Georg