[Python-Dev] Rietveld integration into Roundup

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Oct 2 22:55:52 CEST 2010

> 1) who is the notification e-mail sent to when a review is published?

I haven't figured that out yet. I'm not even sure whether email gets
sent at all. I'll look into this a week from now, unless someone
resolves that earlier. But...

> just tried on one of my patches and the e-mail came with the following
> headers:
>
> From: 	pitrou at free.fr
> To: 	pitrou at free.fr
> Cc: 	None at psf.upfronthosting.co.za
> Sujet: 	Fast path for small int-indexing of lists and tuples
> (issue9800)
>
> Am I right in assuming that nobody except me (even other people
> nosied in the Roundup issue) received the notification?

So email did get send ... good.

It certainly doesn't consider the nosy list at all at the moment.

> (is None at psf some kind of /dev/null?)

I have no idea where that came from.

> 2) if I look at http://bugs.python.org/issue9962, only the second patch
> of all three has been enabled for review. Yet they were all created
> through "svn diff" against a recent py3k checkout.

They had both the same problem: it could figure out the revision number
the patch applied to (e.g. 85039), but not the branch that this revision
is for. That's because the revision is 85039, and in r85039, only
/peps got modified.

I see... so the revision number is mostly useless when trying to
identify the branch.

You should be able to fix this by manually filling out the branch on
the file. I'll have to come up with a better way to determine the branch
which a patch was created on. Perhaps going back in history and taking
the first branch where the patch cleanly applies can do the trick.

Regards,
Martin