[Python-Dev] Web servers, bytes, str, documentation, Python 3.2a4

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Mon Nov 22 04:59:54 CET 2010

On 11/21/2010 9:18 AM, R. David Murray wrote:
> I want to look at the CGI issue, but I'm not sure when I'll get to it.

Actually, since this code was working before 3.x, and if email.parser
can now accept binary streams, it seems like maybe the only thing that
might be wrong is that presently it is getting a text stream instead, so
that is something cgi.py or the application program would have to
switch, and then maybe some testing would discover correctness, or maybe
a specification of UTF-8 as the encoding to use for the text parts would
have to be done.