[Python-Dev] Documenting [C]Python's Internals

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed May 26 02:25:22 CEST 2010

On 20/05/10 08:13, Yaniv Aknin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to let python-dev know about a series of articles about
> CPython's internals I'm publishing under the collective title "Guido's
> Python"* (http://tech.blog.aknin.name/tag/guidos-python/).

A resource that may be useful to you is a 2.5 focused manuscript I put
together a few years ago trying to bridge the gap between the library
reference and the language reference:
http://svn.python.org/projects/sandbox/trunk/userref/

It's obviously a little dated in some areas and doesn't delve as deeply
into the source code as you apparently plan to, but hopefully it may
prove useful as a resource (I still have vague intentions of exporting
that document to ReST markup and updating it to current Python, but that
doesn't look like actually happening any time soon)

Cheers,
Nick.

P.S. For the record, the relevant URL is now
http://tech.blog.aknin.name/tag/pythons-innards/