[Python-Dev] HEADS UP: Compilation risk with new GCC 4.5.0

Jeffrey Yasskin jyasskin at gmail.com
Wed May 12 17:58:19 CEST 2010

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 6:39 AM, James Y Knight <foom at fuhm.net> wrote:
> I think you'll be a lot happier just modifying Psyco than making everyone
> else in the world change their compiler flags.

Aye, there's the rub. Nobody's happier modifying Psyco. :)  But that
just means people will gradually have to stop using psyco in favor of
maintainable JITs. Gcc's not going to change its stack requirements
just because some people think they know what the ABI should be better
than the people defining the ABI. Btw, this has been a problem since
at least gcc-4.4.