[Python-Dev] Joel Spolsky on Mercurial

anatoly techtonik techtonik at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 11:31:06 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan at ochtman.nl> wrote:
>> Having gotten that far, I think this might be worth referencing in new dev
>> docs.
>
> Will do. I finally read hginit yesterday, after having seen people
> rave about it on twitter for a few weeks, and it's a very friendly
> introduction.

I more like hands-on approach that does use real world workflow
instead of academic examples. For example, tutorial like Ondrej Certik
made for SymPy patches using Mercurial queues.
http://docs.sympy.org/sympy-patches-tutorial.html  It goes straight
from the problem in SymPy development you'd like to resolve for
yourself and then shows how Mercurial helps with it. If you have more
time to dig - you may read a book or Joel series.

--
anatoly t.