[Python-Dev] Bug tracker: no confirmation before deleting a message

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Mar 11 15:59:01 CET 2010

> I removed two messages by error in the bug tracker :-(

Please discuss tracker issues on tracker-discuss or, better yet, file a
report on the meta tracker.

> The second message is msg98284, part of #7774. How can I restore it? Or can
> "admin" restore it please? :-)

Done.

> There is an open issue on Roundup tracker to add a button to restore a message
> or a deleted file:
>
>   http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/issue267

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to look into this yet (and may not for
many more weeks to come).

> I tried to following URL to restore the message, but it didn't work:
>
>   http://bugs.python.org/issue8063?@action=edit&@add@messages=100432

Roundup has stopped accepting GET requests that edit the database, for
XSS concerns.

> Could you at least add a Javascript confirmation dialog please? :-)

That would be even more effort than looking into the existing issue,
unless code is provided.

Regards,
Martin