[Python-Dev] [PEP 3148] futures - execute computations asynchronously

Dj Gilcrease digitalxero at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 22:20:10 CET 2010

I have been playing with the feedback branch of this package for py3
and there seems to be a rather serious bug in the Process version.
Using the code @ http://dpaste.com/hold/168795/

When I was running in debug mode I found that as soon as

            p = multiprocessing.Process(
                    target=_process_worker,
                    args=(self._call_queue,
                          self._result_queue,
                          self._shutdown_process_event))

was called (yes even before p.start() was called) the processes just
started launching all by themselves.

I am also wondering why you are launching the process directly instead
of using a Pool since you are limiting the number of processes always
wouldnt it be better to launch the worker processes up front then just
add worker items to the queue?