[Python-Dev] Status of PEP 381

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 21:59:11 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Jacob Kaplan-Moss <jacob at jacobian.org> wrote:
> Hey folks --
>
> Can someone point me to some information on what's going on with PEP
> 381 (PyPI mirroring)? There's a bunch of XXX'd material, and it
> doesn't appear that pypi.python.org implements the statistics or
> providing parts.
>
> I'd be willing -- happy, actually -- to fill in the missing pieces,
> but only if I'm not stepping on anyone's toes. I'd also need some help
> adding code to pypi.python.org if that's a necessary part -- I'm not
> very good at finding my way around that codebase.

Hey Jacob,

I have started to implement the server parts (some are already
available at pypi but not activated) and Martin worked on the client
part on his side to provide a library for mirrors. I need to finish
editing the PEP text but any help is welcome of course on any part.

As Terry suggested you can send a mail at Catalog, I'll catch up on
the thread once its started, to list possible tasks.

Regards,
Tarek
--
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org