[Python-Dev] red buildbots on 2.7

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Jun 22 00:16:15 CEST 2010

> The test_posix failure is a regression from 2.6 (but it only shows up on
> some machines - it is caused by a fairly braindead implementation of a
> couple of posix apis by Apple apparently).
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue7900

Ah, that one. I definitely think this should *not* block the release:
a) there is no clear solution in sight. So if we wait for it resolved,
    it could take months until we get a 2.7 release.
b) it's only about getgroups - a fairly minor API.
c) IIUC, it only occurs to users which are member of more than 16
    groups - a fairly uncommon setup.

Regards,
Martin