[Python-Dev] red buildbots on 2.7

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Mon Jun 21 21:13:05 CEST 2010

Benjamin Peterson <benjamin at python.org> wrote:

> 2010/6/21 Bill Janssen <janssen at parc.com>:
> > Considering that we've just released 2.7rc2, there are an awful lot of
> > red buildbots for 2.7.  In fact, I don't remember having seen a green
> > buildbot for OS X and 2.7.  Shouldn't these be fixed?
>
> It seems most of them are off line and there last run was just a failure.

No, the three OS X buildbots are all online and reporting failures.  As
far as I can remember, they haven't been green for weeks.

They are at the end of the buildbot list, so off-screen if you are using
a normal browser.  You have to scroll to see them.

> > On OS X Leopard, I'm seeing failures in test_py3kwarn,
> > test_urllib2_localnet, test_uuid.
> >
> > On OS X Tiger, I'm seeing failures in test_pep277, test_py3kwarn,
> > test_ttk_guionly, and test_urllib2_localnet.

Um -- saying what, the buildbots are red?  Shouldn't having green
buildbots be a part of the release process?  In fact, it is -- but none
of the OS X buildbots are part of the "stable" set.  Why is that?

Bill