[Python-Dev] [OT] the Kool-Aid Acid Test (was: email package status in 3.X)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Jun 20 12:31:30 CEST 2010

Steven D'Aprano <steve at pearwood.info> writes:

> Comparing those who can and have successfully moved to Python3 with
> the Jonestown cult mass-suicide doesn't really strike me as a sign
> that you want to join them.

In my experience, many who refer to “drinking the Kool-Aid” are not
referring to the Jonestown suicide cult, but rather to the earlier
Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test events of the psychedelic era
<URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Electric_Kool_Aid_Acid_Test>.

--
 \       “Whenever you read a good book, it's like the author is right |
  `\   there, in the room talking to you, which is why I don't like to |