[Python-Dev] Mercurial

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Jun 19 15:07:33 CEST 2010

Am 19.06.2010 14:33, schrieb Barry Warsaw:
> On Jun 19, 2010, at 05:43 PM, Senthil Kumaran wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 01:51:04PM +0200, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>>> FWIW, the EOL extension is now part of Mercurial:
>>> http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/EolExtension
>>
>> Should we all move soon now?
>> Any target date you have in mind, Antoine?
>
> I believe the plan was to migrate right after 2.7 final is released.

I don't think so. The last update to the plan that I know of was in

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2010-February/097497.html

and it said that we would migrate on May 1. This hasn't happened,
but there was no update to the plan since (that I know of).

> I hope
> that is still the plan.  Since that is only 2 weeks away, are we ready?

Not nearly. AFAICT, the conversion process isn't complete yet, and the
hook scripts are missing. Also, I would really like to see a /final/
demo installation *before* the switchover; because these things are all
missing, the final demo installation is missing, as well.

Regards,
Martin