[Python-Dev] [isssue 2001] Pydoc enhancement patch questions

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 12:34:48 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 1:25 AM, Ron Adam <rrr at ronadam.com> wrote:
>>> Another way to communicate to the server would be to add a link in
>>> the browser to open a server status page.  For example my router has a
>>> configure page where I can check it's status and do other things.
>>> That might be something worth exploring at some later date.
>>
>> This would work as well, but for starters, I think "Search" and "Quit"
>> buttons next to each other will be most familiar to the users of the
>> current Tk-based control window.
>
> Nick, what do you think about the "Quit" link in the browser along with
> improving the server startup message on the console window?

My main concern was having a clear way to shut down the server - I
think your command line changes address that quite nicely. Probably
best to keep the quit command separate from the help browser though -
it would be annoying to accidentally shutdown your help server when
you were just trying to browse it.

Cheers,
Nick.