[Python-Dev] Define a place for code review in Python workflow

Brian Curtin brian.curtin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 22:29:14 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 15:18, anatoly techtonik <techtonik at gmail.com>wrote:

> http://bugs.python.org/issue9376
> This issue discussed docs on the proper way to create diff on windows
> (as it is doesn't have the tool) for sending the patch. The current
> proper way is to use "svn diff" which will be replaced with "hg diff".
>
> I proposed using Rietveld like:
> > python -m easy_install review
> > python -m review
>
> But Brian said using Rietveld at all is not a good idea, and didn't
> want to answer what should be done for it to become good idea.
> --
> anatoly t.

This is not at all what I said.

I do not think it is a good idea to make subtle changes to the dev FAQ to
replace patch submission with Rietveld, like you had suggested. Comments on
the issue tracker are not the place to debate/suggest/discuss changes in
development workflow. My second sentence in that comment even says that I
think Rietveld will be used in the future (hopefully sooner than later).